Saturday, December 5, 2009

Should i take ballet again?

I took dance for 5 years and started pointe then it got $$$ so I quit but I %26lt;3 ballet so much should I start again and where should I go?...... i live in Chicago btw...



Should i take ballet again?state theatre



If you want to, nothing can stop you but yourself



http://www.hydeparkschoolofballet.org/cl...



They have all sorts of levels of ballet there including basic ballet for adults. So you know this studio is friendly to all ages and levels in chicago. Best of luck!



Should i take ballet again?theater opera theater



maybe you should get a job if you don't already have one and then you could dance-you might also want to look for a scholarship fund
If you really love it then go right a head and do it again.



Fill your days up with things you truly enjoy!
I always encourage people who love to dance to keep going at it. So yes take ballet again. You have come so far 5 years.
Absolutely! I presently live in Chicago as well, however I dance out of Columbus, OH and take private lessons with a retired instructor (very $$$, but worth it to me!) I know there are many local dance studios that offer ballet, but be sure to visit the classes before you commit in order to ensure their values and techniques "fit" with you. I've been to some that just rush people en pointe, refuse to put adults en pointe, have poor technique but unique choreography, and some that are in really shoddy areas of town that I felt I needed to carry a spiked baseball bat with me to.



The YMCA offers ballet courses. Contact local ballet studios for advice and references. I'm not sure what Chicago offers, but I know that Ballet Met Columbus offers a lot of great classes to non-members and beginner dancers at reasonable rates. Hyde Park School of Ballet has a good reputation and are in a decent neighborhood, Ballet Chicago has a good reputation, and Dmitri Roudney Ballet School of Chicago (***) puts out some great dancers. As the skill levels go up, the costs go up, and expect to pay more in the city.
Yay! Do it! I love ballet!! : )
Yes you should but you won't be able to jump into pointe right away

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
trojan