Thursday, December 10, 2009

Is it too late to start taking ballet?

I am 16 years old and I have always wanted to do ballet. I have never taken any ballet classes but I did gymnastics for three years and I did cheerleading for seven years. My mom says it is too late for me to start doing ballet now. She says that she will have to put too much money into it considering that I am starting too late to ever get anywhere with it. What do you think?



Is it too late to start taking ballet?opera songs



1. It is never too late. Seriously, people start when they're fifty.



2. My ballet teacher, Gary Hubler, started dancing when he was about 18, in a recreational group. he then went on to perform in LA, Las Vegas, Chicago, and on Broadway. He recently retired from head of the dance department at Webster University in St. Louis. He is my idol.



3. Even if you don't go anywhere with ballet after you take it, you've made your life better by increasing your flexibilty, learning control and dedication, fighting obesity, abd generally becaoming a healthier, smarter, more well-rounded person.



Good luck with your decision!



Is it too late to start taking ballet?secure browser opera theater



Its not to late if you just wanna do it for fun... Its way to late if you were thinking of being a professional ...
Don't EVER let anyone tell you it's too late to do ANYTHING!



So you won't go professional.



So what???



I say: Go for it! and just have fun!
It is absolutely not too late. I had danced for years and when I got to college there were people dancing right alongside me who hadn't trained long at all (some had just started as Freshmen in college). In fact, two of them are now dancing in NYC (whereas I'm wistfully daydreaming about it from the office).



In addition, ballet is truly the foundation for all other forms of dance. It might lead to your interest in other things (jazz, modern, tap, etc).



Above all else though, any dancer can tell you it's all in the heart. Whether it is a career or not, dance is a gift and an experience. I hope your mom comes around. Good luck!
No! its never too late. I started getting serious about ballet when i was older than most people and i love it! I know you will enjoy it, everyone does! okay not everyone, but go for it :)
Personally, I think it is too late. I have been dancing for 11 years now and if someone our age came into my class as a beginner, you would struggle alot. Unless you found a class for people your age whom are beginners. It is hard though to start now. My teacher will sometimes just shout out moves to do and we understand and can do it. You would have trouble.
No not at all, I don't think..It may be if you want to be a pro, but just sign up at a local studio. I have taken (classical) ballet since the age of 5 or 6, but you should be fine. thing is, most girls your age are on pointe. See if you can take regular class until you are ready. Ballet is fun, but it takes a lot of time and strength.the fact that u did gymnastics will help, because it's good to be flexible!Good luck!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
trojan