Saturday, December 5, 2009

Kickboxing AND Ballet?

just wondering but does anyone alse do both kickboxing and ballet? do you think its wierd.



ps.actually they compliment each other quite nicely as they both need flexabilaty and strength.



Kickboxing AND Ballet?performing show



Check it out



http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martial_Bal...



Kickboxing AND Ballet?opera score opera theater



That's a really good idea....I feel that you'll only get much better at them both with them together, you know what I'm saying :) The Balance and Strength from both Arts would go together beautifully :)
Martial arts and ballet? Absolutely!



One of my students recently made some comments about dancers that led me to say, "I'm sure I can teach a dancer with no martial arts training to kick your butt by next Wednesday!"



One of my martial art students was Karen Kain's roommate at the National Ballet school of Canada. She straightened me out on a number of misconceptions I had about ballet.



When done properly, there is apparently very little conflict between ballet methods and the power cultivation of Traditional Martial Arts. (I teach Chinese Internal styles and have done some muay Thai.)



Give me a student with the discipline and experience of a good dancer, and we can breeze through 10 years of basic training in about 3 months.
David Carridine used this approach as well. The director of the old series Kung Fu chose David due to his ballet, and then they taught him Kung Fu as he needed for the show.
If it's working for you, what does it matter what anyone thinks? They DO complement each other very well. Hope you're enjoying both...
Actually, martial arts and dancing go really well together. Bruce Lee was a Cha-Cha Dance Champion in Hong Kong after he started learning martial arts because he found that both arts compliment each other very well. He loved dancing and he loved martial arts. However, it didn't work out well for me. I'm great at martial arts, but I can't dance. :(
I agree with you completely, it's a great combination.



James
you answered your own question with what you wrote after ps.
I've been study martial arts for a few years, and my daughter is a dancer. She's 16 years old and she's been dancing for over ten years. I taught her how to do a side kick in about 5 minutes, and after about 15 minutes of practice she was doing better side kicks than either me or my son, and he's been studying martial arts for 10 years.



She was throwing side kicks head high on two guys 8 inches taller than her with considereable power. I think it's a great combination. Dancers have the flexibilty, ability to isolate the correct muscles for a technique, and great leg strength.
both

1 comment:

 
trojan