Thursday, December 10, 2009

Have you gone to a ballet?

in the US. Ballet of Russia - Cinderella?



What is a ballet like? Do they talk?



Have you gone to a ballet?home theater



I have attended and performed in many ballets. You will want to dress nice, as if you are going to a party or out to eat at a nice restaurant or something slightly formal. The dancers do not talk. A ballet is all about movement and facial expressions. They will also sometimes use arm/hand movements to pantomime conversations. Don't worry, though, if the company is any good (as the Ballet of Russia should definitely be!) you should be able to tell what is going on without any problems. Especially since I'm sure you're familiar with the story of Cinderella (if you're not, do a google search and read the story before hand). By the way, Cinderella is my favorite ballet! I have performed in it once and gone to see it twice. The music is beautiful and the costumes usually are too. I hope you enjoy your first ballet experience!



Have you gone to a ballet?comedy club opera theater



I attended the ballet in Berlin, Germany 20+ years ago. One time I saw the Nutcracker; another, Swan Lake. There was music and dancing, but no talking. It's a pretty neat experience, and worth going once to see if you enjoy it!
My town has an Academy of Ballet, we are a small town, less than 60,000 people. Please find yours in your town or rent the Nutcracker Ballet, there marvelous, mostly they are orchestrated not talking. Treat yourself go.
A ballet tells a story through dance and music. No spoken words,(then it would be an opera). If you've never been to one I'd suggest going to one at least once in your life.
Enjoyed it immensly but was very suprised that it was noisey. The dancers when then jump and land actually make a lot of noise. I went to a Christmas one so there was speaking and singing
I've gone to them, I've been in them, and I can assure you, there's no talking. If you live near a large city, there's almost always companies touring. I would suggest one of the old standards like Swan Lake, Giselle, or yes, Cinderella. Personally I like the American style of dancing over the Russian. American ballet is more athletic and exciting, whereas the Russian style seems to focus more on technique and slow sustained movement.
Nobody talks in a ballet. It's just dancing and mime.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
trojan