Saturday, December 5, 2009

Emotions and ballet?

I do ballet, and I had a really bad lesson yesterday, emotionally draining. I couldn't do anything right at all, I felt like bursting into tears as I want to do well.



I felt like the teacher was just laughing at me because I really did look like an idiot. Now my confidence levels are real low.



Anyone ever experienced classes like this before?



Emotions and ballet?comedy show



i know what you mean. sometimes you just have an off day like nothing you can do is right. You just have to push through it and hope that tomorrow is better ;)



Emotions and ballet?greek theater opera theater



That is totally normal. It's just a part of the progression. You have your good days, and then you have your slumps. You just have to push through and remind yourself why it is your doing it, and before you know it everything will be good. Its the pushing through the difficult times that makes you better and helps you grow faster. I doubt your teacher was laughing at your for looking like an idiot, but if you still feel that way after several classes talk to them about it. If the really are getting a laugh out of your struggles, I would highly recommend a new teacher. You want someone who pushes you to be the best you can be, respects you and your hard work and determination, and shares your love of dance. Be grateful for the hard times, because the make the good all that more sweet. Good Luck!
I remember a period when I was in level 2 and a girl from level 4 who had an injury started taking the class. I had never seen a more advanced dancer, and I realized how far I had to go to even be in level 4. I came home and cried because I wanted to be able to dance like her. It was like that for almost the whole month she was in my class, but I eventually got over it and was more determined than ever to improve. It was actually good for me because I got a lot more serious after that. Now I'm in the advanced level at my studio! I have certainly had off days, and they can be really hard. I actually had one of the most horrible classes of my life at an audition for School of American Ballet. Yes, I know, great day to be totally off...



It will get better. This should prove to you just how much you want to be good, and you can work that much harder! Good luck!
so many times before! i'm a ballerina too and sometimes i have classes like that, i can't even land a double or i forget everything! its okay though, next class try really hard and i bet you'll do great! after a great class everyone always feels great :] best of luckk!
I'm not trained in ballet, we didn't have it at my school growing up (strange, I know) so I feel that way every single time I take ballet. Sometime you just have an off day though, try not to stress about it an you'll feel better tomorrow :)
I went through a really emotional period in my dancing as well. I thought I was the worst one in the class and that I couldn't do anything right. I was about ready to give up. The teachers started ignoring me and I thought it was because they had given up on me. I fought through it and came out more determined than ever. Now I am improving at a very fast rate and my teacher has even come up to me and said she noticed a postive change in my work.
I understand how you feel. There are days when you are dancing and you can't seem to do anything right. The teacher is constantly correcting you but no matter how hard you try, it just won't work. I actually had this experience yesterday. I honestly felt like bursting into tears and quitting. It wasn't the first and defiantly won't be the last. What you need to do is go into a room and take a few deep breaths. Remember all the times that you did really good and that you really can do all of the stuff your teacher is asking you to do. You were good then and you are good now. I can promise you that this will not be one of your only off days but I can also promise that with really bad days comes really good days. Everyone experiences these days at points in their lives, not just in dace either. I wish you tons of luck and I will be praying for your really good days to come soon.
YES



omg ...



i got over it after my next lesson

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
trojan